Position: Interim Administrative Assistant
Deadline: September 20, 2019
Posted: September 4, 2019
Job Description / Duties
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the successful candidate will assume the following responsibilities:
- General office administration, including maintaining office and kitchen supplies, addressing and directing inbound and outbound mail, email, fax and courier correspondence
- Board and committee administration, including securing meeting space, hotel accommodations and travel arrangements, scheduling meetings and conference calls, preparation of meeting materials and recording minutes of meetings
- Membership assistance, including mandatory professional development audits, addressing member inquiries, admission of new members, facilitating changes in membership status and assisting the annual member renewal, dues collection and member declaration processes
- General bookkeeping and e-commerce support, including payment gateway administration, general accounts payable and receivable support and preparation of bank deposits
- File administration, including maintenance of member, candidate and professional conduct files
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications / Required Skills
This position requires a highly motivated, technologically fluent, self-starting individual with a high degree of professionalism and who consistently demonstrates discretion in handling all matters of confidentiality.
- Post-secondary education preferred
- Minimum of one year experience in a similar role (experience with writing professional correspondence and meeting minutes is preferred)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with a preference for bilingual candidates (English & French)
- Highly motivated, with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize several competing priorities
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills, with strong attention to detail.
To apply, please submit a cover letter with your resume to email@example.com with the subject "Interim Administrative Assistant" and complete the following survey:
Resumes submitted without a completed survey will not be considered. We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
The Canadian Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Professionals (CAIRP) is looking for an Administrative Assistant who is familiar with the non-profit or association environment and flexible enough to tackle a wide range of tasks for a small professional association. This is a full-time, temporary position (6 month contract).