Position: Communications Manager
Deadline: August 28, 2020
Posted: July 31, 2020
Job Description / Duties
The Canadian Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Professionals (CAIRP) is looking for a Communications Manager who is familiar with the non-profit or association environment and flexible enough to tackle a wide range of communications for a small professional association.
The Communications Manager is responsible for the ongoing implementation, maintenance and continuous improvement of CAIRP’s general communications and advocacy strategy, including our website, social media, media relations and publications.
The Communications Manager will work with CAIRP staff and volunteers from the insolvency profession.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, his or her duties will include:
• Continuously evolving and maintaining a communications plan that will guide CAIRP’s strategy for all communications platforms;
• Design and implement communications to CAIRP stakeholders, including members and the wider insolvency and restructuring community;
• Develop and manage CAIRP’s digital media strategy and ensure content to support our website and social media activities;
• Project managing the communication review process, managing timelines and workflow, including management of translation requirements and media suppliers;
• Work with key functional areas to develop content and general maintenance of the website;
• Draft and manage the production of a monthly e-newsletter;
• Project manage the production and release of other CAIRP Communications, including a biannual magazine, the annual report and a monthly blog;
• Manage our media relations campaign, building relationships with key media organizations and maintaining a database of non-member and media contacts;
• Draft update reports and recommendations for presentation to various committees, the President and Chief Executive Officer and the Board of Directors; and
• Establish strong and collegial working relationships with staff, members, volunteers and outside consultants.
Qualifications / Required Skills
• Minimum of five years of working experience in a communications or marketing role
• Excellent time and project management skills; the ability to multi-task. This job requires the ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects and to adjust to changes in timelines, deadlines and project goals.
• Knowledge and experience with content management systems (CMS), such as WordPress
• Knowledge and experience with email dissemination platforms, such as Mail Chimp or Constant Contact
• Knowledge and experience with Adobe Suite (Indesign and Photoshop) is an asset
• Expert communications skills with exceptional writing abilities
• Demonstrated independence and collaboration skills, with the ability to build strong relationships
• The ability to work well with others and thrive within a team environment
• The ideal candidate will be fluently bilingual - English and French (written and spoken)
To apply, please forward your resume and cover letter to Steve.Dalessandro@cairp.ca and complete the following survey:
Applicants who do not submit a completed survey will not be considered.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Please note that, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the successful candidate will temporarily work remotely.