The National Exam for the ICQC is a 2-hour online exam consisting of 75 multiple-choice, scenario-based questions.
The exam MUST be supervised by a Presiding Officer (PO) who is to be chosen by the candidate and approved by the Registrar.
A Presiding Officer may be a Licensed Insolvency Trustee, registered Insolvency Counsellor, or other professional (e.g. accountant, lawyer, etc) who will not be taking the course in the future. A Presiding Officer may supervise one or more candidates during the ICQC exam.
The responsibility of the Presiding Officer is to ensure that the exam is written under properly monitored conditions and that the confidentiality of the process is maintained, including those issues relating specifically to the administration of an online exam.
Candidates must set up their own exam centre with the agreement of the Presiding Officer who will be supervising the exam.
Specific Presiding Officer responsibilities are detailed in the Presiding Officer Exam Information Package. (available after the October 19, 2018 registration deadline). In general, the Presiding Officer should be prepared to:
- receive and keep exam-related documents confidential until the exam date;
- be present on the exam day for 2 to 3 hours to supervise the exam;
- return all exam-related documents to the CQP office, signed as necessary, including an Agreement to Preside and Confidentiality Statement and, after the exam, a Report of Candidate(s) Writing; and
- inform the candidate and CQP Registrar immediately if he or she is unable to fulfill the Presiding Officer duties and find a suitable substitute by the deadline (see Course Schedule on page 2 of the pdf of the Information Package.
Candidates should be aware of the following exam deadlines:
JANUARY 17, 2019 EXAM
- November 9, 2018 ~ Deadline to submit the Exam Confirmation Form (available from the ICQC Portal)
- The passing grade for the exam is 60%. All candidates will receive a results letter from the CQP Registrar and successful candidates will receive a certificate of completion.