The Canadian Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Professionals (CAIRP) is the national professional organization representing more than 980 members working in the insolvency system, as well as over 500 articling, life and corporate associates. Almost ninety percent of Licensed Insolvency Trustees, licensed under Canada's Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act are members of CAIRP.
CAIRP was created as a non-profit corporation in 1979 to advocate a fair, transparent and effective system of insolvency/restructuring administration throughout Canada.
CAIRP advances the interests of members and the public by:
- promoting excellence amongst members,
- providing relevant professional development,
- establishing and enforcing CAIRP’s Rules of Professional Conduct and Standards of Professional Practice,
- maintaining rigorous certification standards and providing innovative education to aspiring insolvency and restructuring professionals, and
- advocating for a fair, transparent and effective insolvency and restructuring system throughout Canada.
- CAIRP is Canada’s preeminent association for the education, standards and advocacy of insolvency and restructuring professionals.
- Visionary Leadership – committed to ongoing advancement by inspiring collaboration, imagination, open mindedness, and forward thinking
- Positive Outlook – create pride in the CIRP designation
- Integrity – embrace and promote ethical behavior that is transparent and accountable to members and the public.
- Respect – openly encourage the expression of alternative perspectives and consider them without bias.
- Service Excellence – deliver valued service where communication, innovation and creativity are hallmarks
- Committed to greater good of CAIRP, the Insolvency profession, and public - effectively governed and managed, adequately resourced and socially responsible
- Fun – an enjoyable experience to work and serve