The Canadian Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Professionals (CAIRP) is the national professional organization representing more than 980 members working in the insolvency system, as well as over 500 articling, life and corporate associates. Almost ninety percent of Licensed Insolvency Trustees, licensed under Canada's Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act are members of CAIRP.
CAIRP was created as a non-profit corporation in 1979 to advocate a fair, transparent and effective system of insolvency/restructuring administration throughout Canada.
- Educate and support its members in providing insolvency, restructuring and related advisory services in a manner that instills the highest degree of public trust.
- Advocate for a fair, transparent and effective system of insolvency and restructuring administration throughout Canada.
- Promote CAIRP members as the go-to professionals in insolvency and restructuring matters along with CAIRP as their voice.
- CAIRP and its members are recognized as the go-to professionals in providing expertise in insolvency and restructuring and in finding solutions for individuals and companies in financial difficulty.
- CAIRP and its members are committed to professionalism, trustworthiness and objectivity.